Saturday 27 June 2009

Strange power surge

Because I was golfing today and it was warm I decided to only do some power snatching today. Tomorrow I will complete.
Today was supposed to be my return to competiton but comp is postponed until August. I intended to start with a 60kg power snatch in comp so I wouldn't 'bomb'. My confidence is low in the squat snatch at the moment. I decided to work up to 60 in the power snatch and see if I could do 3- 5 reps.

40x3; 45x3; 50x3; 55x3; 60x40 [forty] This weight felt like a feather tonight so I decided to keep on lifting it. I think I could have done at least 50 reps. Maybe I will break my pb in power snatch soon [currently 72.5kg]. After this, I was dripping with sweat. This was probably like those cross fit exercises they do. A real buzz.

heading to Galway this week for some golfing, island hopping , dining and drinking. A well earned rest. Next weekend, I will consider whether I am going to build up to Ulsters in August or start aussi programme and build up to Northern Ireland open or Cork open.

Really hope that myself, Colin, Trevor and maybe Sean can get together for a sort of squad session or 2. Hopefully get up to Gt Gabriels soon.

1 comment:

  1. 40 excellent. Have a nice break in Galway!

    ReplyDelete