Friday 5 June 2009

nightmare on snatch street

Weekend lifting. Day 1 Friday night.
I decided to do my snatching tonight. Guess what? - I am feeling strong, motivated and the weather has cooled down.
power snatch 40x3; 45x3; 50x3; 55x3; 60 x3. very easy then suddenly snatch 65x 65x 65x 65x 65x 65x. Back to 60x3-no problem the 70x. Absolutely horrendus. I tried lowering my butt and looking straight ahead. I lost every snatch out in front. Maybe there is a simple explanation for this.
The strange thing is that when I got 60x3, I was thinking of getting 80 tonight. Nearly hurt myself losing 70kg. Strange last week a new pb of 77.5 and almost 80kg. This week one success with 65 out of many attempts. Does it put me off? -HELL NO!!! One thing about weightlifting. There are more bad days than successes. I actuallt feel very positve. Think about how much my technique is yet to improve. This keeps my feet on the ground.

I am going to take it out on the bar tomorrow. I think I will have a go at breaking past 102.5 c+j or maybe a new pb in the clean or press.

3 comments:

  1. my advice brendan is build in a few light days between the heavies, where you choose a light weight and lift with technique in mind only, only do the snatch and jerk balance exercises as if you were learning the lifts from scratch. and its always worth looking at the technique of the top lifters and aiming to replicate it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes if I do all power snatches and then move to squat snatches only when the weight is too heavy to power I lose a fair number. If I mix in a squat snatch at each power snatch weight I am more in the groove when the weight gets heavier. Maybe you suffer from the same problem.

    Sometimes accepting it is not your night and working at a weight that is apporpriate for that night I find is best. If on fire another night go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. i think i will mix in a squat snatch with the power snatches.

    ReplyDelete