Wednesday 17 June 2009

Stale mate

Training is quite tough at the moment. Not feeling inspired. This is bound to happen after a few good weeks. I decided to do power clean again today because yesterday it was awful.
3@ 40; 45; 50; 55; 60; 65; 70; 75; 80; 82; 85; 87; 90; 85; 80. I deliberately started very light to try and ease up the back and get some form.

Front squat and jerk [together] x2 40; 50; 60; 70; 80; 85. Never tried this b4 and probably wont again. My sore left wrist doesn't help but 85kg felt like 100kg normally does. Feel quite weak??

Deadlift. 5@ 85; 105; 125; 145; 155. I intended to go for 10 reps with 155 but too heavy tonight.

I am in a bit of a limbo at the moment with training. No Ulsters in june and will probably miss the competition in August because of holidays. I think I will train until July and then take a bit of time off then build up for the NI champs

2 comments:

  1. Aim for the July comp at Dublin? Dont worry about the dip- you are just after doing a ton of pbs in various lifts. I think you also need a tailored routine. Try Jim Smitz articles at Ironmind or ask Ronnie for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog. It's great another middle-age man is thinking and training outside his comfort zone with the Olympic lifts.

    I'll periodically check back to see how you are doing. Keep your pedal to the metal!

    ReplyDelete