Sunday 31 January 2010

max day in Cookstown

Myself and Sean braved the wintry conditions to meet up with Robbie and Neil for some enjoyable lifting in Cookstown.
Quick exchange of greeting then down to business.
Robbie.
Maybe a bit below par today but I thought he fought very hard for his 83 pb. Like myself I think his snatch attempts might have fatigued him a bit and he found the heavier cleans a bit tougher than usual. His 200+ total is just around the corner.

Neil
As Robbie said in his blog, Neil was the star lifter. A new 74 snatch pb was sweet and he was unlucky not to nail 76. Neil also hit a 106 cj pb and very narrowly missed 108. He finished off with an impressive 180 total and a 110 clean pb


Sean
Sean showed some solid snatch form and hit a 65 pb and unlucky not to hit more. The irish masters record for him is 65 so he really just needs to turn up in dublin in 3weeks. A 75 cj is well below what he should be doing. I think he could get 70 snatch next time we meet up in Cookstown. Sean finished with an easy 90 clean

Brendan
I am really pleased with the sudden form in the snatch. A 78 pb as followed with a narrow miss at 80 followed by attempts at 81 and 79. I will be pushng to get through he 80 barrier next time in Cookstown. I was very disappointed with the cj, only getting 98. 103 was routine in the clean but didn't attempt the jerk due to poor technique and lack of confidence. I will work hard at ths problem. Still very pleased with 176 total


No comments:

Post a Comment