Friday 29 January 2010

No lifting

After my recent period of lethargy and poor form, I decided to take this week off and give myself 5 days off training. I head with Sean to Cookstown tomorrow to meet and lift with the mighty 'go-lift' guys. I dont know how the lay off will effect my lifting and strength.
We have all set targets for tomorrow including Drill Sergeant Pete.
Target 75+103. If things go really well, then 78+105. I can see Neil and Robbie doing some spectacular lifting if things go well. If Sean gets the bit between his teeth I see 65+85.
I want to get to limerick and the irish masters in decent form. When I am finised with these comps, I really need to work on jerk technique especially. I hope to get a trip up to see Ronnie when WE REACH mARCH.Pete has kindly offeredto help me when he returns and has given me some good training tips. One is to start push press and power jerk.

1 comment:

  1. Where do all these nicknames for me come from?!

    Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete