Sunday 22 August 2010

Saturday at North West Barbell Club

Sean and myself decided to adopt this name. We have been taking inspiration from ECB and all the blogs. Weightlifting in Ireland looks to be in a healthy state at the moment. The big positive for myself and sean lifting north and south is that we as masters lifters are treated with the same respect as others and always feel welcome at competitions. Reading the blogs from lifters such as Barry and Cathal have inspired me to get back to lifting again.

Today was all about finding out exactly where my strength is at after 6 months layoff so that I can work out percentages for a new programme to take me up to Ni Open on Nov 13th.

Snatch 20x3 40x3; 50x3; 55x2; 60 62x 62x 65. Pleased at this satge to get 65, not a big weight but considering how my body currently feels, a good start.

Clean and Jerk 20x3 40x3 50x2; 60x2 65 70 75 80 82.5 Clean 85 87.

Front Squats : light reps to get the legs used to this exercise again up to 85kg

Military press : plenty of reps up to 55 [well below my best of 77.5].


My aim is to get as close to my competition bests by November and then work from there. I will compete at the Herc's open and then work towards the Irish masters.
I missed out on the euro masters qualification last year on my last lift so hopefully I will qualify next year.

It was great to have Sean up again and we have a great day lifting. Sean had 55 snatch [has power for 65] and clean and jerked a solid 80.

I will alos spend a bit of time putting together short movies of our lifting and post them. All the blogs and movies really help with the motivation. Thanks to the lads down south who readily share training videos and blogs.

Video to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment