Monday 20 September 2010

Baby steps and straightest back ever

Last night I spent 4 hours solid preparing for a level practicals. By the time I got to bed at 1am my head was spinning. My mind was simply racing and I couldn't put the thoughts to sleep. Up again at 4am. In to work with very little sleep.

At 5.30, I decided to clear the head with a 4 mile walk. I came home feeling that weightlifting was out of the question. Too hungry, stresses and fatigued and fed up with recent injuries caused by repeated dreadful technique.

At 8pm, I remembered the real reason for wanting to lift weights. That feeling you get when you are called on to the platform and the euphoria which lasts for weeks after. Even at my standard, I feel like I am lifting at the olympics. When you walk on, you own the stage.

I gently started with week 1 day 2 of QWA extremely nervous at the thought of either the back or knee letting me down.

My weights are alot light because I have had to reduce my maxes by around 20-25 kilos.

Clean. 40x3; 50x3; 60x3; 70x3; 70x3. Never in my life have I concentrated so hard on keeping a straight back. Thank God, no niggles

Power Snatch 40x3; 40x3; 45x3; 45x3; 47x3; 47x3; 45x3;
Again, light weights but this is another lift which has caused me to injure my back

Summary
Only 2 exercises today but delighted to get through unscathed. Tomorrow is snatch balance and squats. I wont chance the clean pulls. Even if I make the ni championships, It looks like my maxes will be far below my best but even lifting would be great

No comments:

Post a Comment