Wednesday 19 August 2009

fat busting

I am still trying to work out the best way to lose excess flab without compromising strength and losing muscle mass. I managed to drag my ass the gym today and settled on 60 minutes treadmill [random hill climb]. The levels go from level 1 to level 20. I did an hour at level 10 and burned an estimated 600k. I decided to avoid jogging because of the risk of leg fatigue and potential injury. I have decided that I need to do level 10 x 60 minutes x 5 times then move up to level 11. To get to level 20 I will need to do 50 sessions and 55 sessions to complete this. It will be interesting to see if I can trim up and hope it doesnt effect my leg strength.

The other issue for me is diet. Weightlifting makes me damned hungry. Periodically I take protein drinks but I feel that I need to discipline myself to taking 2 protein drinks per day from the start of September. This should help me lose fat but maintain muscle [hopefully.]

I also completed 30 minutes of conditioning

3 comments:

  1. How about kettlebell for fat loss? ps i dont accept you are overweight, you look in good condition to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sprints are brilliant for fat loss too, and might compliment the lifting (although will add to fatigue). It always seems to boil down to diet though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. laura, I think if I sprint I will end up -R.I.P. :-) I dont seem to have any flab except the gut. You are right though. It is the diet. My wife keeps filling the fridge with tempting food which I cant resist. Peanut butter is my big problem at the moment. I use to eat 2-3 jars per week with a spoon

    ReplyDelete