Sunday 27 November 2011

Sunday

5 mile walk today. thank god for some good weather for a change.

Today and probably tomorrow is a rest day.

A few thoughts on Friday's lifting.

Because my technique is so poor, I have so much to improve. I seem to find it very difficult to correct technique. I am going to try and get the elbows into the correct start position to see if this helps me in the pull. Strangely enough, i noticed that Vardanian lifting with quite a shallow spine angle which is unusual for such a champion.

Sean's technique was the best I have ever seen it. Very impressed. He has plenty of potential and needs now to make arrnagements to comete as often as possible. His lack of improvement in the snatch might simply be down to a lack of competition. His legs are strong and he should be snatching 70 now.

I intend to pay Sean a visit over christams to have our next mini competition and fully intend to try and push him as hard as I can. I have completed 2 weeks now without injury so that's a postive.

Short term aims
Improve the pull
continue to lift without injury
try and start light squatting

No comments:

Post a Comment