Saturday 12 November 2011

Let's go again

After a long layoff, I decided to make a fresh start today. After Laurence McConnell great 131 cj at age 65/66, I am convinced that with dedication and smart training I can reach previous strength and beyond. Barring more injury, my plan is to compete again in the Irish Masters in February.

Snatch 30x5; 40x3; 45x2; 50; 52; 55; 57. Very pleased with this. Whatever I get at home I can usually add5 for competiton. With a bit of luck, I dont think it would take me too long to get to 70+kg

clean and jerk 40x3; 50x2' 60; 65; 70; 72; 75. This was tough because i am very rusty.

Rack jerk 40x3; 50x3; 60; 65; 70; 75; 80.

The current irish records for m3 are quite modest, only 65+85 which i should aim for. I am currently 82kg which is 12 kg lighter than last competiton. I should make 85kg for feb.

3 comments:

  1. Great work Brendan, now do plenty of stretching and give your body time to get used to the movements, try the wave approach maybe that I use, will chat soon, been away all weekend in the city, Sean.

    Going to the Nov Competition in 2 weeks?, tke it it is in J Town, dont know what competition it is even, must check it is still on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any videos to look at your pull technique?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ni champs are on then. pull technique still crap but trying to make a gentle enough start.

    ReplyDelete