Thursday 11 March 2010

eureka-- the discovery of the second pull

Myself and brother Sean are possibly holders of the worst snatch technique in Ireland [Sean has the worst jerk technique]. We have always wondered why when we have the correct 'get set' position and try and snatch properly, we cant find any explosive power. The second pull has also confused us as we always felt it is just a 'pull'[one pull] I think Tommy said to me in Dublin 'when you snatch correctly it will feel like riding a bike for the first time]

Anyway, last night while practising my rubbish snatch technique, something strange happened. I felt like I found the 2nd pull. Yes, I could pull the bar off the floor in a slow but correct fashion and still find some power. I would say my technique might have risen from a 3/10 to a 5/10. Hopefully not another red herring.

1 comment: