Monday 1 March 2010

Brendan jnr + spring clean

My 12 year old has decided that he wants to learn the lifts. Yesterday I taught him the push press, power clean, military press and deadlift using very light weights. His new bar is only about 2.5 kg. I was very surprised at the form he showed. A very straight back and legs well positioned.

Brendan jnr Power clean 20kg
Push press 17.5kg
Deadlift 35kg.

Tomorrow he wants to learn the power snatch and jerk movements. Hopefully, I can persuade him in the future t come with me to Ronnie for ome coaching before I teach him some of my bad habits. Even better if some day, he decided to compete.

I spentmost of Sunday spring cleaning my shed/gym.
Now I have a new reinforced floor, new platform, sitting room for about 5/6, heat and light. Hopefully I can organise a session there soon with 4/5/6 lifters. Lifting was so much easier on Sat with a perfectly flat platform.

2 comments: