Thursday 24 May 2012

thurs

Didn't get through alot of lifting this week. Struggled with snatch technique and not getting above 80%, Decided to give clean and jerk another go tonight after last night's aborted attempted. Trying to shake of a slight shoulder strain Clean and jerk 40x3; 40x3; 50x3; 60x2; 65; 70; 80; 90. Clean 95. Spurred on by my son who is beginning to motivate me when I need the push. 90 was a very easy jerk but feel that with proper technique, I have a hellof a lot more in me. Brendan junior was excellent giving me feedback on my split and has obviously learned alot from Pete and Ronnie. He insisted on me doing bar work later and putting myself into the correct jerk/split position. I realise that flexibility in the main problem and I have to do a bit of work here. I watched brendan clean and jerking the other day and was impressed with his technique. 90 tonight was good because this is what i want to start with in the ulsters. The snatch could be a problem but this wont stop me enjoying the competition. As usual, I wont chicken out and will be trying to squeeze as much as I can in terms of poundages. 2 weeks out my current thinking in terms of attempts is as follows. Weight 84 Snatch 70; 76; 78. This might be very tough but I will, as sure as hell, have a real go. Clean and jerk 90; 96; 98

No comments:

Post a Comment