Sunday 13 May 2012

irish senior championships UU mAY 2012

decided to compete after a bit recent doubt. Training has not been going too well recently but hoped that today would be a 'spring board' to better lifting. The first hurdle for me was to make the 85kg class to give me the opportunity to go for a few irish masters records. Left home at 8.15am to make the weigh in comfortably. Weighed in at 84.4kg. Getting in to better physical shape but still have a bit of trimming to do around the mid section. Did my warm ups with Rob who is a real power house with Pete being a good help during warmup. Failed one of my warm up 65's which wasn't going to put me off. Snatch 1 68kg. Fairly comfortable. Pleased to get this out of the way. Snatch 2 73kg A new irish masters mark but Pete quite rightly reminded me to keep my concentration Snatch 3 75kg. Nearly walked off platform but just about got this lift; very happy Clean and jerk The warm up went quite smoothly. The cleans as usual very hard but I feel very strong in the jerk. Improving a little in the split but still jumping out too quick. Warm up to 85kg. Felt happy now taking 88 as an opener. Clean and jerk 1 88kg Tough clean but easy jerk Clean and jerk 2 92kg Horrible clean but solid jerk for a new total record Clean and jerk 3 95kg Nightmare clean, just got it and an ugly jerk but 3 lights for a new clean and jerk and total mark Total = 170kg Over the moon to get 6 lifts and 170kg total at this stage after a tough few months. A sort of reward for sticking it out through a few tough months. This gives me a bit lift up to the ulsters and leinsters. Technical advice From Pete. Some good advice on the pull in the snatch and position of the feet From Ronnie. Standing too far forward before the jerk and jumping out of the jerk [which pete has been telling me also. I wanted to lift well today as part of the go-lift team and try to choose the right weights for me. As usual, I went to max in snatch and didn't leave anything else in the tank. Getting to know the go-lift' lads a bit better. A good bunch of lads. Pete has the balance right as a coach. Telling me just the right amount of info and not putting me off. Targets Simply to work hard and sensibly and improve technique. Continue to trim away at stomach fat and become a healthy lifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment