Thursday 29 March 2012

Pete's gym

Finally got around to making the journey up to Ballyrobert.

Was still concerned about the knee pain but this didnt hinder me. Brendan jnr got plenty of instruction and encouragement from Pete and he really enjoyed the session.

I lifted with a guy called Ross and we seemed to inspire each other to some good lifting. Ross had a pb of 74 snatch with plenty left in the tank..
Considering how little lifting I have done recently, I lifted much better than I expected. It shows what competition and a good atmosphere does to inspire.
Snatch 40x3; 40x3; 50x2; 50x2; 55x2; 55x2; 60x2; 65; 70; 72x; 72; 74x; 74x. Pete throws in the right amount of technical suggestion.What I do like is that he doesnt throw too many things at me and I understand what he is talking about.
Things to work on:
- position of the feet especially in the receive position
- hips, explosion, bar position too low down on thighs etc
Clean and jerk 70x2; 80x2; 90; 95
Clean 97; 100[ I wrote in my diary yesterday that I wanted to get this by July!!]
Total 72+95=167[although the 95 clean and jerk was a press out]

All in all, a really good session. Delighted that my son enjoyed it and cant wait for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment