Thursday 18 November 2010

small steps

Thank God the chest pain had eased by around 4pm. Must be a strain but I will be cautious anyway. Decided to try and complete day1. Power jerk 1st, an exercise which is new to me. I took Sean's pb of 77 as a yard stick for now as our strengths are pretty equal
pOWER Jerk
42x3; 52x3; 62x2; 62x2; 62x2; 62x2. These felt comfortable so I moved on a bit to see what I could do. 67; 72; 75; 77; 80. Really enjoyed this exercise and very surprised to get 80. Could maybe have got a bit more.

Front Squat
42x3; 52x3; 62x3. The knees felt a bit tender so I decided to stop at this stage.

I felt a bit nervous and cautious tonight but got through it. I then went to local leisure centre for a bit of cardio and light assistance exercises. Tomorrow is a rest day then weightlifting for Saturday. Really hoping I get through this next week so I can lift in Cookstown sat week

1 comment: