Saturday 13 February 2010

back from the brink

I had decided[or so i thought] that i would pack in weightlifting. I have really struggled for weeks to get going. under strength and run down and not able to get any enthusiasm back. I was reading Barry's blog and then looking back and asking myself, "why the hell did I pack in weightlifting at about 18]

I got up this morning and felt very optimistic. I decided to try and lift today and see if i could get the drive to help me go to Dublin next week. Even though I have serious technical problems with my lifting, I was pleased to get going again.

I was disappointed that I didn't attend lmerick last week but I dont dwell too much on the past
Snatch 40x3 40x3; 50x3; 55x3; 60; 62; 65; 67x; 67; 70x; 72.5


c+j 40x3; 60x2; 70x2; 80; 90; 95. the 1st time I have lifted more than 85 at home for a month [i think] my pb is 107.5 and I had planned to lift 111 at the irish masters. now, 101 would be good.


I did some squatting and more snatches later

Now myself and Sean are heading to dublin to support the irish masters competition and cant wait

1 comment:

  1. Good lifting Brendan.Esp since it was such a beautiful day outside. Other Masters were walking round coastal walks looking at birds. Even sitting on some benches looking out at sea!

    ReplyDelete